- Sears Canada CEO jumps ship
- Sears Canada responds to McDonald's resignation
- Sears Holdings refutes Sears Canada report
- Sears Canada to lay off close to 800 workers
- Industry pitches in for Haiyan victims
- Departed Sears Canada CEO takes the helm at Sephora Americas
- Sears Canada deemed a top employer for young people
According to the agency Health Canada, 75,000 window blinds sold at Home Depot Canada and Sears Canada have been voluntarily recalled because of a strangulation hazard.
The Shade-O-Matic blinds, including “Jasper Faux Wood Blinds,” “Printed Faux Wood Blinds” and “Whole Home Printed Faux Wood Blinds,” were sold at the stores from November 2006 to May 2008.
The inner cord of the blinds was found to pose a danger to children when pulled out. No incidents or injuries were reported, however.
The products were manufactured by Toronto-based Shade-O-Matic.