- Whirlpool dryers board the Energy Star train
- 10 products seen at the National Hardware Show
- From builders, an Obamacare primer
- What’s a PCT? A hot product, says researcher
- Panasonic earns Energy Star prize
- KB Home rolls out 'most environmentally ambitious home yet'
- Builders' Show highlights top products
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) Research Center’s “Green Approved Product” seal of approval was awarded to AZEK Building Products for its AZEK Trim, AZEK Mouldings, AZEK Deck and AZEK Porch product lines. This means the products are eligible to earn points toward certification of a given project under the National Green Building Standard.
“This program is an excellent way to guide architects and building products specifiers on which products can contribute to National Green Building Standard points,” said Jim Gross, VP Sales, AZEK Building Products, in a prepared statement. “We are pleased that AZEK products have demonstrated the durability and sustainability to be designated as Green Approved Products.”
The NAHB Research Center program was created to help bridge the gap between manufacturers who make sustainable products and builders, architects and designers who want to use them. It is awarded to manufacturers who provide third-party evidence that their products meet the criteria for use in buildings certified to the National Green Building Standard.