- Sky's the limit: A look into windows & doors
- Winners Circle
- Beazer Homes nabs 15 Energy Star awards
- High-scoring LEED home completed in Miami Beach
- Braun's Roofing partners with CertainTeed cool roofs
- Smart Electric turns to Kickstarter to fund its bright idea
- An industry marches toward smarter homes
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), developers of the LEED green building program, has announced a new program designed to streamline and create capacity for the LEED building certification process. Called LEED Automation, the program enables users to submit documentation and certify LEED projects online through third-party technology platforms.
This marks the first time USGBC has opened LEED Online to the software application market and third-party software developers. It represents the initial step in what the USGBC said it expects will be the addition of many technology partners in the future.