- Home Depot doubles down on same-day shipping
- Meet Robert Kelly, LDAC's Lumber Person of the Year
- Toll Brothers buys Shapell Industries for $1.6 billion
- Toll Brothers expands Calif. presence via Shapell deal
- Home Depot sees e-commerce as path to growth
- Toll Brothers and GTIS Partners acquire Sienna South
Home-building businesses may be at risk for consolidation if home sales don’t pick up soon, according to an analysis by the Wall Street Journal.
Several production home builders may be running low in cash, the article said, as their stock prices continue to sink as the housing slowdown drags on. Toll Brothers, Lennar Corp., Beazer and Hovnanian were all mentioned as being on various analysts’ “watch lists,” although all have taken measures to cut overhead, change products or refinance their debt.