- Al Worthing promoted to VP sales/marketing at Andersen
- Andersen names Karen Richard CHRO and SVP
- Andersen pumps $18 million into Bayport facility
- At Golden Hammer event, Beal to enter Hall of Fame
- Pope's Nunes leaves for Rayonier
- Rayonier elects new board, post-split
- Alan Bernick named chief legal officer at Andersen
Andersen Corporation has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Weiland Sliding Doors and Windows, Inc. in a unanimously approved decision by all directors on both boards.
Weiland's specialty doors posit a strategic interest for Andersen, which is in the process of widening its specialty, outdoor and architectural offerings.
“Specialty doors are a growing market segment as outdoor living spaces have increased in popularity,” said Andersen Corporation chairman, president and CEO Jay Lund. “This acquisition accelerates our entry into this important category and closely aligns with the expansion of our architectural products.”
Weiland's specialties include lift and slide, folding door products, pivot doors and European tilt and turn windows, with options ranging from curved to corner configurations as well as oversized panels.
Weiland will retain its management structure and operations in the San Diego region. The sale price is undisclosed.