- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- Labor of Luxe: High-end items for the well-heeled market
- Lowe's hires GE exec to lead LBM divisions
- Doug Miller named interim CEO for Handy Hardware
- HCN names US LBM Holdings 'Pro Dealer of the Year'
- New CFO and CLO named at Summit Materials
- LP agrees to acquire Ainsworth
Allied Building Products, one of the industry’s largest distributors of exterior building materials, entered the Connecticut market this month with new branches in South Windsor and Bridgeport. Both locations are in buildings formerly leased by C&S Building Materials, which closed all three of its stores, including an outlet in Latham, Conn.
Founded in 1952, C&S Building Materials sold roofing, exterior siding, windows, doors and decking. According to a statement on Allied’s Web site, the East Rutherford, N.J., company did not buy C&S, although former C&S employees have been invited to apply for positions with Allied.
“Allied looks forward to establishing new relationships with the leading siding contractors in this important market,” said Donald Roth, vp-Northeast region for Allied. “We are also excited to announce that Allied will begin supporting residential roofing contractors in the Hartford and Bridgeport markets.”
Ranked No. 6 on the Pro Dealer Top 350 Scoreboard by Home Channel News, Allied Building Products generated $2.0 billion in sales for fiscal 2007.