- Pat Thorne Lumber Co. honored by HCN
- Porter-Cable and Bostitch roll out power tools
- Lumber Liquidators accused of formaldehyde violation
- Lumber, laws and lessons learned
- At NyloBoard, difference is in the fiber
- HCN names US LBM Holdings 'Pro Dealer of the Year'
- Roxul turns up the heat on stone wool at PDIS
Monroe, La.-based LBM buying group Allied Building Stores appointed Dale E. Mercer, 50, as president, effective Jan. 1, 2013.
Mercer will succeed David Stiles, a 16-year veteran of Allied, who will continue to serve as president until the end of the year. Mercer joined ABS, a dealer-owned building materials buying group in October 2008, and most recently has served as its chief operating officer. Prior to joining ABS, Mercer was VP manufacturing for Bancroft Bag at its facility in West Monroe.
“We are pleased to announce the timing of our transition from David to Dale, which has been planned for some time now,” said Bob Barnes, chairman of the board. “We appreciate David’s loyal service to the organization and look forward to Dale’s contributions in strengthening our market positions with our dealer-owners and vendors as we work to meet new challenges.”