- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- Ben’s Supercenter announces Ace affiliation and expansion
- Fiberon partners up with Monsma for Midwest distribution
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Wisconsin and Michigan
- Whirlpool signs deal with home builder
- A Carolina plant takes pride in its OSB
- Family Farm & Home joins True Value
East Rutherford, N.J.-based Allied Building Products Corp., a division of Oldcastle, has completed its acquisition of Astro Building Supplies, a privately held wholesale building materials supplier based in Taylor, Mich.
Astro Building Supplies, a two-branch distributor of roofing, siding and windows, was founded in 1966 by Don Speer. While focusing primarily on the remodeling communities in Taylor and Roseville, Mich., the two branches provide Allied with a necessary presence in southeast Detroit.
When asked about the acquisition, Speer said: "Over the past 45 years, we at Astro built our business on impeccable service. I am confident that Allied will continue the tradition moving forward."