- HCN's 2013 Hardware Store ALL-STARS
- Rocky’s helps pets with food drive
- At Golden Hammer event: 'Retail is Detail'
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island
- Beacon shifts HQ to its Herndon, Va., corporate offices
- Extreme makeover: Distribution edition
- Boston Cedar rolls out new product mix
A survey of American Hardware Manufacturers Association's (AHMA) members shows strong support for the Keystone XL pipeline and notable support for presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
The AHMA's December Confidence Index survey asked two supplemental questions of AHMA members. The first: “Do you think the president should approve construction of the Keystone XL pipeline?” resulted in 90% "yes" and 10% "not sure." There were no negative responses to the question.
The survey also asked: “Considering the two leading candidates for the Republican presidential primary, would you prefer Romney or Gingrich?” Sixty percent responded “Romney,” 15% responded “Gingrich,” and 25% responded “Neither of the above.”
The AHMA Home Improvement Industry Confidence Index results are released on the first Wednesday of every month.
The full reusts of the survey can be found here.