- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- ProDealer Industry Summit kicks off in San Antonio
- Pro dealers talk shop in San Antonio
- At PDIS: Conversations with award winners
- Readers Respond: Forecasts, optimism and reality
- Editor’s Notebook: The NLBMDA goes to Washington
- Lowe’s pulls ad from Muslim reality show, faces backlash
Acme Lumber, a four-unit home center in San Antonio, is closing its doors after 64 years. Three of the locations have begun liquidation sales, and a fourth store will close in April.
The family owned operation registered sales of $9 million in 2006, according to Chain Store Guide, a sister publication of Home Channel News.
Owner Johnnie Chuoke Jr., who hosted a radio call-in show, called “The Happy Handyman,” for more than 30 years, told the San Antonio Express-News he was retiring, and there was no one to take over the business. Two of the store’s buildings already have buyers, the newspaper reported.