- Ace Hardware reports sales gains in Q2
- Ace increases revenues but plateaus on income in Q3
- Ace hires Frank Carroll as GMM
- LG Facebook contest puts home appliances up for grabs
- Hardware Store All-Stars: Nevada, Utah and Arizona
- Ackroyd poised for Ace chair in 2014
- At Golden Hammer event: 'Retail is Detail'
Ace Hardware Corp. plans to give away a complete room makeover as part of its Merry Paint Makeover design contest.
It works like this: Through No. 26, homeowners can go to Ace’s Facebook page and upload a photo and 100-word description of a room in their house that needs home improvement for the holiday season.
"We all have at least one room in our house that could use a little more love," said Mary Rice, president and general manager of Ace Paint. "Our panel of seasoned design experts will help the winning Ace Facebook fan turn their ho-hum space into a festive place for the holidays, while also providing tips and advice for all homeowners who want to create an inviting space for family and friends this holiday season."
The panel of three interior designers offers color and design inspiration to Ace shoppers, according to the Oak Brook, Ill.-based hardware co-op.
Winners will be announced in early December. The grand-prize winner will receive a complete room makeover valued at more than $10,000, which will include a consultation and on-site management by one of Ace's design experts and volunteers from the winner's local Ace Hardware store.