- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- Sears taps former Lehman Brothers VP to lead Craftsman
- Ace CEO sees positive signs in economy
- Revenues up, income down at Ace
- Economic signals still mixed at HIRI conference
- Westlake Ace Hardware named Retailer of the Year
Ace Hardware Corporation recognized seven vendors for outstanding service to the hardware cooperative, its retailers and customers.
The companies are:
• Camco, a manufacturer of RV accessories, based in Greensboro, N.C.;
• Cargill Salt, Ace’s national supplier for water softener and pool salt, and East Coast provider of rock salt, based in Alamo, Calif.;
• First Alert, a manufacturer of smoke and carbon monoxide alarms and other home safety solutions, based in Aurora, Ill.;
• Flanders Corporation, a manufacturer of air filtration solutions, based in Washington, N.C.;
• Vanco, named Ace’s International Vendor of the Year, based in Batavia, Ill., is a leading manufacturer of electronics accessories; and
• Werner Ladders, the provider of climbing equipment, based in Itasca, Ill.
In addition, Cincinnati-based Procter & Gamble, a leading supplier of household care products, was recognized as the Ace Foundation Vendor of the Year. In 2011, Procter & Gamble donated $250,000 to the Ace Foundation to benefit Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals.
The companies accepted the recognition during the 2012 Spring Convention and Exhibits held in Atlanta.
“From a product, supply chain and promotions perspective, these valued vendors have continuously gone above and beyond for Ace retailers,” said Ken Goodgame, general merchandise manager for Ace Hardware. “Through their commitment to excellence, each one of these companies has made it possible for Ace to fulfill its promise of helping customers take care of their homes quickly and easily.”