- Fifty winning retailers, state by state
- Ace addresses 2011 strategy, supply chain
- At Ace Convention, Griffith points to sales momentum
- Tis the season for shipping strategy
- Mahurin’s next stop: Orchard Supply Hardware
- Hardware store all-stars: Ark., Calif. and Colo.
- Do it Best names three new merchants
During the Oak Brook, Ill.-based hardware co-op’s spring market in Atlanta, executives communicated their mission and their vision.
Delivering good news early in the general session, CEO Ray Griffith pointed to sales of $3.7 billion in fiscal 2011, up 5.1% from the previous year and stronger than the planned growth of 3%.
Ace COO John Venhuizen spelled out the Ace mission during his time on the stage – specifically, to be the best provider of products, services and operating methods for convenience hardware retailers, he said. He pointed to four keys to achieving that goal: Improve the store model; grow new business; drive store projects and reduce store atrophy.
Preliminary attendance reports point to higher numbers of retailers at this year’s spring market compared to last year, but no details were available yet.