- On the road
- At NyloBoard, difference is in the fiber
- At Handy, a new look for 2014
- Chris Yenrick accepts the gavel as 2014 NLBMDA chairman
- A Do it Best dealer's post-typhoon struggle
- James Robisch slated to speak at 2013 ProDealer Industry Summit
- Live from PDIS: Where are pros and DIYers shopping in 2013?
National pro dealer 84 Lumber is exploring the idea of a construction trades training program in the New Orleans and Baton Rouge, La. markets, according to an article in The Advocate.
The pilot program would be in partnership with the Louisiana Small Business Development Center at Southern University. Training would cover not only what happens on the jobsite, but also things like how to submit a bid and handle payroll, according to Roy Lindsey, sales manager at 84 Lumber's Baton Rouge location.
Although still in the early planning stages, Lindsey said he hoped the program could contribute to the quality of the local labor pool and also help delevop a loyal customer base for 84 Lumber.